The great thing about sharing your knowledge is that it is rewarding for both you and your audience. They get to learn something new, think bigger and leave with an action step. You’ll feel great knowing you’ve helped others, which is why you do what you do. And at the same time, you’ll increase awareness for your services and products.
But it’s easy to get tunnel vision when thinking about where to speak as part of your marketing and promotion mix. Most entrepreneurs only think of things like networking events and service groups when in reality, there are dozens of ways to build name recognition, grow your tribe and get clients using your own speaking platform.
These strategies all cost nothing and have the potential to generate lots of cash flow – if you have the right talk structure, valuable content and compelling offer. (My Speak with Heart Signature Talk template works beautifully with all of these forms of public speaking and I cover it in depth in my upcoming Speak to Profit Live Intensive Training.)
Here are 13 ways to book yourself to speak:
- Conference calls (On hot topics your target audience wants to hear)
- Preview calls (Great for those who love having a script)
- Q & A calls (Yes, even these calls should have a template)
- Interviews with experts (Great if you don’t like being the focus of attention)
- Webinars (Great for those who panic in front of a live crowd)
- Videos (Not camera shy? Videos are a super powerful marketing tool)
- Audio recordings of teaching content (Introverts love this!)
- Podcasts (Anybody can do this)
- Free or low cost workshops (For those who love building deeper relationships)
- Classes you may already be running (Yes, the template works here, too)
- Meetups (Anything goes)
- Free talks at libraries or sponsored venue (Gets you on their public calendars)
- Demonstrations and educational events (Think open house or outdoor demo at a park)
Choose a medium that allows you to use your strengths and remember – for it to actually create business for you – always have something to offer or a call to action!